2016 Ford Focus vs 2016 Honda Civic near Chickasha, OK
May the Best Sedan Win!
When it comes to finding the right sedan, the sheer number of choices can make your head spin. David Stanley Ford is here to make your decision a little easier with our 2016 Ford Focus vs the 2016 Honda Civic near Chickasha, OK. Right from the base level trims, you’ll notice the difference between these two sedans, so let’s break this down.
Both of these sedans are fairly well endowed. They come with touchscreens and rearview cameras1,2, power locks and mirrors, but the Ford Focus gives you a telematics system right off the bat, SYNC®3 with voice controls, which opens up a whole new world of safe phone usage while driving. It gives you hands-free calling, automatic phone book download, and voice activated music commands, which are as simple as uttering the words, “Bluetooth® audio” to begin streaming. How amazing is that? And safe! The Honda Civic doesn’t give you a telematics system unless you want to pay more for the next trim up. The Focus also includes an awesome feature for parents with teen kids: MyKey®, which allow parents to set speed limits, audio volumes, and perimeters for young drivers, getting alerted if these limitations are shirked. You won’t find that feature on a base Civic!
Continuing on with our comparison between the 2016 Ford Focus vs the 2016 Honda Civic near Chickasha, OK, let’s take a look at the engines that motivate these sedans. The Ford Focus, with its most frugal combination, is propelled forward by a turbocharged EcoBoost 1.0-liter 3-cylinder engine with a manual transmission that boasts a thrifty 30/42/35 MPG city/hwy/combined4. The Civic doesn’t meet the same standard, clocking in at only 27/40/31 MPG city/hwy/combined5 with its 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine paired with a manual transmission.
The Focus has several other features you just won’t find on the Civic, including the SOS Post-Crash Alert SystemTM, which comes standard, and, should a collision occur, it unlocks your doors and flashes your hazards, making it easier to locate and help you should you be unable to help yourself. It also comes equipped with an Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler, so you’ll never leave your gas cap at the gas station again. The Civic doesn’t boast such a thoughtful feature.
When it comes down to it, David Stanley Ford knows that the 2016 Focus is the sedan to buy. Come on in and ask our knowledgeable staff about any questions you may have regarding this 2016 Ford Focus vs the 2016 Honda Civic near Chickasha, OK, comparison. We’re always happy to help!
1. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle
2. Always visually confirm that it is safe to drive before backing up; the rearview camera display does not provide complete information about all conditions and objects at the rear of your vehicle.
3. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC/other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Message and data rates may apply.
4. EPA-estimated rating: 30 city/42 hwy/35 combined mpg, Base SE with 1.0L SFE option. Actual mileage will vary
5. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.